We worked with a leading life sciences company with operations across the globe.
This client required candidates with a background in pharmaceutical or life science as a project manager, as well as a related degree. However, that was only the first of their challenges:
- The client’s site is based in a very remote rural location, without any similar companies nearby.
- The talent pool for candidates who meet the criteria is very limited.
- The client would not allow us to advertise the salary range on offer, making it less attractive for candidates to apply
First of all, Sigma Recruitment undertook extensive research, including a market map to make the client aware that candidates with the right skills, experience and qualifications were not available in the local area. This convinced the client to offer a relocation package for the right person. We were then able to execute a search.
- Sigma carried out another market map to see which areas in the UK had candidates that would be suitable.
- We decided that an advertisement would be placed out of the area, in a busy urban location that had candidates with the right skills.
- We created a “relocate to the countryside” message targeting candidates who had had enough of city life and wanted a better quality of life.
- We worked with our job board partners to hide the salary range in the background on posts so that it would not impact candidates’ searches as much.
Our far-reaching campaign worked perfectly: a candidate with all the right skills, experience and qualifications applied on the basis that she adored horses and wanted to work in a location that would enable her to spend more time on her hobby.
She was interviewed and offered the position and Sigma managed the offer and relocation process. The candidate has already completed three years at the company and is very much enjoying her new rural location.
In addition to this hire, the Sigma Recruitment team has also supported roles including QA technicians, life scientists, QA managers and QA officers.
About Sigma Recruitment
Since Sigma Recruitment opened for business back in 2005, we’ve developed an enviable reputation as one of the leading independent recruitment agencies. We’ve recruited for a wide variety of companies, from Fortune 500 firms with sales in the hundreds of billions to niche high-tech start-ups and everything in between, across the United Kingdom.
If you’re looking to recruit candidates with engineering, technical, supply chain, procurement, logistics, management, scientific or STEM graduates in the life science sector then, Sigma Recruitment is ideally placed to help you find the elusive high calibre talent you’re business needs. If you’re looking for a life science recruitment agency, then please book a call with our founding director today!