We worked with a leading manufacturing supplier to the aerospace industry.
Mechanical Design Engineer
The client had a unique set of challenges, including:
- The candidate marketplace for mechanical design engineers is highly competitive in the area. Companies have recognised the value of keeping people with knowledge of their products on staff, resulting in a culture of continuous counter offers and little movement.
- The hiring manager had very specific additional requirements.
- The role was multi-faceted, including customer interaction and occasional travel for customer service.
- The salary banding was quite wide for the role, meaning the client was not 100% sure what level of professional they needed.
- The HR contact who initiated the project left the company mid-process, and the project was handed to a manager from another region.
We executed a thorough search, complete with exhaustive research to fully understand both the available candidates and the role in question. We also provided project management during the client’s staff transition.
- Sigma Recruitment took the time to undertake a detailed vacancy qualification with the client to fully understand their requirements, the time that would be spent on the different elements of the role and the details of the travel required.
- We drafted an SEO advert for the role and posted across multiple job boards, social media platforms and our own website.
- We created a sourcing plan to leave no stone unturned, which was deployed across all of our available databases.
- Our team ran a four-part text mailer campaign to reach over 200 candidates with a relevant background.
- Our team didn’t stop with calls: we reached out to candidates via text messages, emails, and answerphone messages who presented the closest fit to our criteria. We provided them with initial information, a link to the advert for them to review and ways in which to contact us.
- We undertook detailed pre-screening interviews with candidates to ensure that they had the right skills, comfort with the varied role requirements and travel needs, and that the package and benefits were right for them.
- Sigma sent a job information pack to all candidates who expressed interest in the role and matched the client’s criteria at the end of the screening process to confirm their interest.
- We provided the client with detailed notes from our screening interviews to highlight candidate qualifications.
- We managed all stage one and two interviews.
We identified five total candidates to present to the client, from which they interviewed two before finding a match. Then, the Sigma team managed the complex onboarding process in spite of the complexities with the client’s HR staff.
Our other successful aerospace assignments include electronics design engineers, quality engineers, process engineers, manufacturing engineers, production managers, plant managers, engineering directors and engineering managers.
About Sigma Recruitment
Since Sigma Recruitment opened for business back in 2005, we’ve developed an enviable reputation as one of the leading independent aerospace recruitment agencies. We’ve recruited for a wide variety of companies, from Fortune 500 firms with sales in the hundreds of billions to niche high-tech start-ups and everything in between, across the United Kingdom including locations such as Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Bristol, Birmingham, Cambridge, Gloucester, Leeds, Manchester, Oxford, Reading and Swindon.
If you’re looking to recruit candidates with engineering or technical skills in the aerospace manufacturing sector then, Sigma Recruitment is ideally placed to help you find the elusive high calibre talent you’re business needs. If you’re looking for an aerospace recruiter, then please book a call with our founding director today!