We worked with a global manufacturing company that has multiple locations across Europe and the Middle East.
Injection moulding technicians and injection moulding engineers.
- The client was struggling to find the talent to keep their manufacturing process running.
- Candidates with the right skills were in extremely short supply.
- Historically, the local area had a number of companies that employed people with injection moulding skills, but these companies had closed and candidates had moved on to other industries.
- The client had worked with a number of other recruiters who had done the usual database searches and advertising but hadn’t been able to find enough candidates with the right skill set.
- Due to the type of work involved, the number of candidates using online job boards was lower than for more standard office-based positions.
- Sigma Recruitment initially completed a troubleshooting review to establish what had been done with previous recruitment processes, and why they had not been successful. We then decided on a two-fold strategy to solve the problem.
- We would target more senior people in companies who employed candidates with the right skill sets. They were located slightly outside of the local area, but close enough that some staff may live within a commutable distance to the client.
- We targeted higher-level candidates and asked for candidate referrals to find talent organically.
- We mapped out the historic (now closed) companies that used injection-moulding skills and ran deep searches to find people that had worked for them in the past. Then, we launched a digital marketing campaign with the message “Did you enjoy your time as an injection moulding technician?” to tempt people back into the industry.
Sigma found five candidates that the client was interested in interviewing, and two of these candidates eventually accepted offers and positions. Other assignments our team have completed include polymer engineering, material scientists (polymers), mould tool engineers, injection moulding toolmakers, plastics buyers, engineering managers and supply chain managers.
About Sigma Recruitment
Since Sigma Recruitment opened for business back in 2005, we’ve developed an enviable reputation as one of the leading independent recruitment agencies in the UK. We’ve recruited for a wide variety of companies, from Fortune 500 firms with sales in the hundreds of billions to niche high-tech start-ups and everything in between, across the United Kingdom.
If you’re looking to recruit candidates with engineering skills in the plastics manufacturing sector then, Sigma Recruitment is ideally placed to help you find the elusive high calibre talent you’re business needs. If you’re looking for a plastic manufacturing recruitment agency, then please book a call with our founding director today!