This high growth company – a global manufacturing group specialising in manufacturing a range of high-tech products – had a regular need to recruit for varied niche positions across a wide range of departments. They deliver to countries across the globe, with speciality positions including electronics engineering, marketing, manufacturing, supply chain management and sales.
Electronics Design Engineer
The client had a unique set of challenges, including:
- Technical Skill: the client organisation is highly technical, and operates within a very specialised niche market.
- Limited Availability: the talent pool for electronics design engineers in the area is very small.
- Competition: many companies are competing for the same talent, and offer higher salaries and better benefits.
We carried out extensive research to identify ways to attract a great candidate with relevant experience.
- We conducted a detailed vacancy qualification with both HR and the line manager and created a list of essential and desirable criteria.
- We ran an SEO friendly advertisement to generate interest, including posts across Totaljobs, Jobsite, Indeed, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Reed.
- The team created a sponsored pay-per-click Facebook campaign to target a custom audience in the appropriate area with an interest in electronics.
- We built a detailed market map and sourcing plan to identify companies and keywords for the candidate sourcing process. These search terms were then used to identify candidates across job boards, LinkedIn and Sigma’s internal databases.
Through exhaustive methods and extensive network outreach, we were able to provide the client with three highly skilled candidates. Two of these candidates were selected for second interviews, and an offer was made and accepted. The successful candidate started within the business and has completed two years’ service with very positive feedback.
Other assignments undertaken with this client include service engineers, production planners, production managers, scientists, chemists, mechanical design engineers, electronics test technicians, electronic engineers, and embedded software engineers.
About Sigma Recruitment
Since Sigma Recruitment opened for business back in 2005, we’ve developed an enviable reputation as one of the leading independent manufacturing and engineering recruitment agencies. We’ve recruited for a wide variety of companies, from Fortune 500 firms with sales in the hundreds of billions to niche high-tech start-ups and everything in between, across the United Kingdom including locations such as Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Bristol, Birmingham, Cambridge, Gloucester, Leeds, Manchester, Oxford, Reading and Swindon.
If you’re looking to recruit candidates with engineering and technical skills in the electronics manufacturing sector then, Sigma Recruitment is ideally placed to help you find the elusive high calibre talent you’re business needs. If you’re looking for an electronics recruitment agency, then please book a call with our founding director today! And we will show you why we are one of the leading electronics recruiters.