Up to £32000 per annum + car, bns up to 10%, private medical
Opportunity for a science graduate (microbiology, biochemistry, biomedical science) to join a leading scientific equipment manufacturer as a trainee service and support engineer (full training is provided).
The starting salary will be £32,000 plus a car, private medical, a bonus of up to 10%, a 5% company pension contribution and 33 days of holiday (including the bank holidays). The position is home-based, with travel to customers as required, mainly in South & Mid Wales but potentially UK-wide and overseas.
The hiring company is a well-established and well-regarded organisation with a global presence; due to increased demand, they have recently doubled their field service department headcount.
After training, the service and support engineer will provide expert hands-on technical expertise in installation, commissioning, basic customer training, maintenance, fault-finding and customer support. Detailed responsibilities include:-
- Inspecting, installing, setting up, and testing systems and accessories at customer sites.
- Carrying out breakdown and planned maintenance at customer sites
- Providing technical support, training and assistance to customers and colleagues, in-person and remotely.
- Carrying out procedures necessary to validate systems to certifiable standards
- Providing technical input to the sales team for non-routine proposals
- Frequent travel within Wales, the UK, and occasionally abroad.
To apply for the trainee service and support engineer position, you will need:-
- A scientific degree in microbiology, biochemistry, biomedical sciences or closely related.
- Some theoretical knowledge of mass spectrometry.
- Excellent communication skills, ideally with some customer service experience.
- Strong IT skills
- A full UK driving license with 3 points or less.
- The willingness to travel to Europe to undertake training (2 weeks at a time, twice in the first year)
This position would be ideal for science graduates with microbiology, biochemistry, or biomedical sciences degrees.
If you are a science graduate looking for a career as a service engineer, please click apply!
Job Skills: graduate science, microbiology, biochemistry, biomedical, email@example.com