Up to £34500 per annum + pension, etc.
Mechanical maintenance technician required to join a large, secure, and well-respected manufacturer that has recently undertaken a multi-million-pound investment and expansion. The company has 10+ sites across Europe and has circa 4,000 employees. Their turnover is over £1billion and they have a close to 10% market share for their products across Europe.
The role will involve working days Monday to Friday with a focus on long-term preventive maintenance to improve the efficiency of equipment. You will investigate and diagnose issues to root cause working closely with the maintenance and manufacturing teams to take equipment offline at an appropriate time and return it to full operation in a timely manner. There will also be an ongoing involvement in project work.
Hours of work will be 8am-4:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8am-2pm on a Friday.
As the mechanical maintenance technician, your responsibilities will include:
- Restoring and overhauling equipment
- Focusing on long-term preventive measures and operational efficiency
- Assisting with breakdowns as required
- Ensuring work tickets are entered on completion of work into the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) including entering any follow-up work that needs to be scheduled
- Completing basic machining tasks as required (lathes, drills, grinding, milling, etc.)
- Undertaking daily inspections and completing routine checks
- Monitoring site services
- Completion of handovers
- Contributing to a successful engineering spares and stores function
- Adhering to health and safety policies and procedures.
To apply for the mechanical maintenance technician position, you will need:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment - preferably in a heavy, industrial setting
- A time-served apprenticeship
- Strong technical knowledge particularly relating to gearboxes, pumps, bearings, rotating equipment, etc.
- Experience in working with lifting and slinging equipment is desirable
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience in working with a computerised maintenance management system
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written formats
In return, the mechanical maintenance technician will receive a salary of £34,500 + pension, paid overtime, etc.
If you are a maintenance technician, mechanical maintenance technician, mechanical fitter, mechanical technician, etc. who wishes to be considered for this role, please click on the "apply" button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: maintenance technician, mechanical maintenance technician, mechanical fitter, mechanical technician, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]