Recruitment Agencies Cardiff – with over 100 available, how do you pick one?
A client recently asked us, did we know that there are over 100 recruitment agencies in Cardiff and that it was really difficult to separate the good agencies from the not so good. With this in mind Sigma Recruitment Managing Director – Rhys Williams provides a short guide on recruitment agencies in Cardiff.
The recruitment agency market
Recruitment agencies in Cardiff are very fragmented, represented by large global companies, one-person firms operating from home and everything in-between. The quality of service from recruitment agencies in Cardiff varies tremendously and is not correlated to the size of the business with many smaller independently owned business outperforming the larger recruitment agencies in areas such as response time and quality of candidates presented.
What to look for when selecting a recruitment agency in Cardiff.
- Quality of job adverts – search for the agencies job advertisements online, look at their website and the websites of the leading job boards. How do their adverts read, how is the formatting, spelling, grammar, does the advert sell the company/opportunity or has the agency just cut and pasted the client’s job specification! At Sigma Recruitment we take pride in writing effective job adverts, our latest ones can be viewed at https://www.sigmarecruitment.co.uk/search-jobs/
- Professional membership – always check that the recruitment company is a member of one of the industries professional bodies either the IOR (Institute of recruiters) or the REC (Recruitment Employment Confederation). Sigma Recruitment is proud to be a member of the IOR.
- Vacancy Qualification – when you place a vacancy with a recruitment agency in Cardiff, the recruitment consultant should undertake a detailed discussion about the vacancy, to learn about the company and the position. Many consultants are happy to be emailed a job specification and start sending CV’s straight away. At Sigma Recruitment our policy is also to qualify the vacancy before starting to select candidates. After all, how can an agency establish the correct candidate fit without knowing the exact details of what the client requires. Be wary of consultants who don’t ask questions!
- Candidate attraction tools – Always ask the recruitment consultant how they will attract candidates to your position. They should be working with a good range of local and national job boards and will hopefully have their own well established internal database. Sigma Recruitment has an extensive candidate database with access to Monster, TotalJobs, CV-Library, Reed, Jobsite, JosbinWales, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and our own successful market-leading website.
- Candidate screening – Ask the consultant how they plan to screen candidate to confirm suitability. In my opinion, there are too many recruitment agencies in Cardiff that do not speak to the candidate before CV presentation, this often leads to a high dissatisfaction rate with clients and candidates. At Sigma Recruitment we insist that our consultants conduct a detailed screening process with each candidate prior to CV presentation.
- Experience in the marketplace – How long has the agency you are looking to work with been trading and do they specialise in a particular sector. At Sigma Recruitment we have been trading for 13 years + and focus on manufacturing/technical recruitment for the South Wales market.
I hope that the above will prove helpful for those of you who need to select a recruitment agency in Cardiff and we look forward to your call!
About Sigma Recruitment Cardiff Recruitment Agency
Since Sigma Recruitment opened for business back in 2005, since then we’ve developed an enviable reputation as one of the leading independent recruitment agencies in the UK. We’ve recruited for a wide variety of companies, from Fortune 500 firms with sales in the hundreds of billions to niche high-tech start-ups and everything in between.
If you’re looking to recruit candidates with engineering, technical, supply chain, procurement, logistics, management, scientific or STEM graduate skills in sectors including automotive manufacturing, life science, aerospace manufacturing, electronics manufacturing, chemical manufacturing, packaging, pharmaceutical, medical devices, steel, plastics or semiconductors, then please book a call with our founding director today!