£22000 - £25000 per annum + pension, etc.
Opportunity for a graduate engineer to join an expanding global company who are working to bring a cutting-edge product to market which is set to disrupt a £1 Billion+ marketplace. The company have recently raised a significant amount of investment from various sources on the back of positive news from product trials to enable them to continue the scale-up of their processes as they move from R&D into manufacture.
The role will involve working as part of a small multi-disciplined R&D / engineering team at their site in Cardiff to contribute to the design and development of their manufacturing equipment and processes. The graduate engineer will also have the opportunity to travel within the UK, Europe (and potentially further afield) to work on other sites within the group as required or to visit with suppliers regarding equipment development. The team is close-knit and highly qualified, and the role has been created due to the progression of a member of the engineering team.
As the graduate engineer your duties will include:
- Applying robust engineering principles to the development of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Designing and testing of prototypes
- Undertaking data analysis and creating technical reports as required
- Liaising with external suppliers for the development of equipment
- Communicating internally with various departments
- Travelling to other sites within the group or to visit suppliers as required
To be a successful graduate engineer, you will need:
- A degree level qualification in an engineering related field (Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering, etc.)
- Experience of working within an industrial / manufacturing / development environment post-graduation or via an industrial place / year in industry
- CAD and rapid prototyping experience are desirable
- Exceptional mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format
In return, the manufacturing engineer will receive a salary of £22,000- £25,000 + pension
Hours of work are 9am-5:30pm Monday to Thursday and 9am-4pm on a Friday.
If you wish to be considered for the graduate engineer role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you are giving consent for Sigma Recruitment to contact you regarding this job and other jobs we are working on.