£45000 - £50000 per annum + pension, healthcare, etc.
Opportunity for an ambitious continuous improvement specialist / lean manufacturing professional to take the lead in improving systems and processes for a large well-renowned organisation. The company history dates back close to 200 years and the South Wales site as a 30 year proven track record of success supplying products and services to more than 70 countries. This is a genuine chance for a skilled lean practitioner to take on the role of continuous improvement manager and make a difference by playing a lead role in making improvements across a facility which offers:
- A tight-knit and flexible culture
- A recent investment in a new on-site canteen
- Low staff turnover
- Excellent pension and benefits
This is a new position being introduced to the site so it will be a standalone role with no direct reports meaning that the successful CI manager will need to be happy to be hands-on and being involved at 'shop floor' level in making improvements and driving change from the ground up.
Continuous improvement manager duties will include:
- Identifying, recommending and implementing lean improvements
- Driving cost down using modern continuous improvement techniques
- Working closely with the shop floor team, to gain their buy-in and help implement CI ideas
- Building process maps to understand all tasks and activities within the business
- Managing Lean / continuous improvement projects
- Ownership of all change documentation
- Coaching of staff on lean and continuous improvement methodologies
To apply for the continuous improvement manager, you will need:
- A proven background in delivering business improvements (ideally within a warehouse / distribution environment)
- Strong knowledge of tools such as Six Sigma, Lean, process mapping, value stream mapping, systems thinking, etc.
Formal qualifications in Lean and Six Sigma are desirable but not essential.
In return, the continuous improvement manager will receive a salary of £45,000 - £50,000 (dependent on experience) + a company pension contribution of up to 11%, 25 holidays plus the bank holidays, private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance.
If you wish to be considered for this continuous improvement specialist /CI Manager role, then please click on the apply button.
By applying you are giving consent for Sigma Recruitment to contact you regarding this job and other jobs we are working on.
Job Skills: Continuous Improvement Manager, CI Specialist, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, [email protected]