competitive salary and benefits
Opportunity for a chemist or scientist with GC or HPLC and mass spectrometry experience to secure a position as an applications chemist/specialist.
What you will be doing as the chemist
As the chemist, you will develop, optimise and evaluate applications to showcase the capabilities of products across a wide range of markets. You'll be a vital link between product development, product marketing and the customer, responsible for generating data used in marketing material and feeding back essential market developments and opportunities to help improve and develop new versions of products. Responsibilities will include:-
- Developing exceptional hands-on and theoretical knowledge of the company product range
- Developing and implementing application work plans to showcase company products for marketing collateral and sales support.
- Working alongside the market development team to assess and demonstrate the application of products to new market areas.
- Writing reports and application documentation following the method development work to promote the advantages of company technologies and the benefits to customers.
- Disseminating the application information to salespeople and customers through various media, e.g. face-to-face meetings, conferences, webinars and training.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of competitors' products and applications, as well as any changes in customer requirements,
- Providing technical support and training to commercial teams, including customer demonstrations and presentations, training for sales and product specialists on new applications and supporting application development with key customers.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory instrumentation.
What you will need
- A degree in chemistry, ideally analytical chemistry or a closely related subject.
- Hands-on experience with gas chromatography (GC) or high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and mass spectrometry.
- Experience in method/application development and the documentation process.
About the company you will work for
- An award-winning global organisation with four international subsidiaries, a friendly culture, and very low staff turnover rates.
- Have gained an enviable reputation for being a stable, considerate employer with excellent career development opportunities and innovative, market-leading products.
- Sigma Recruitment has placed dozens of people within the hiring business and can personally vouch for its reputation as a stable, fair, considerate employer with a good culture.
About your remuneration package
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package on offer
Benefits: Flexi-time (more details below), government stakeholder pension (3% employer contribution, salary sacrifice available), 24 days annual leave plus eight bank holidays, a cash healthcare plan for routine healthcare needs, optical, dental physiotherapy, well-being, and counseling. State-of-the-art spacious offices and seminar suites, free on-site parking, EV chargers, and free fresh fruit on the first Monday of every month.
Subject to satisfactory performance, training requirements & successful completion of your probationary period, you will be eligible to take advantage of flexi-time. By offering flexible working hours, the company shows its commitment to employee well-being and improved job satisfaction. Full details on the scheme are available upon request, but in short, you can accrue up to one working day per month which you can take as a 'flexi' day off the following month.
Please click apply; if you don't have an updated CV, don't worry; we can sort that out later. If you want to discuss this before applying, please call the office and quote ref 4323C chemist.
This role would suit a chemist, applications chemist, applications scientist, laboratory technician, etc
Job Skills: Chemist, Analytical Chemist, GC, HPLC, GC-MS, Chromatography