£28000 - £32000 per annum + pension, healthcare, etc.
Opportunity for a quality technician to join a manufacturing business with secure order books through to 2028 that will provide internal and external training and development opportunities for you to become a quality engineer. They are looking for someone with previous experience in automotive or plastics manufacturing and you will earn a salary of £28,000-£32,000 (dependent on experience) with the scope for that to increase once training has been completed.
The trainee quality engineer will work as part of the quality function and will initially support the quality engineers and quality manager with day-to-day duties with the level and complexity of the work you develop as you acquire the skills to carry out the full role. You will ideally have had experience with CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machines) previously and have some awareness of quality tools and techniques.
As the quality technician, your duties will include:
- Supporting all quality elements of new component development and product improvements on existing parts
- Liaising with technical members of staff on projects and with regards to non-conformance of products
- Ensuring that components meet the defined and agreed specifications through hands-on auditing processes
- Being involved in continuous improvement projects as and when required
To apply for the trainee quality engineer role, you will need:
- Previous experience as a quality technician, quality inspector or quality engineer in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in automotive, or plastics manufacturing is desirable.
- Experience with CMM is highly desirable.
- A technical / engineering qualification is desirable.
- Familiarity with quality tools and techniques such as PPAP, APQP, 8D, FMEA, CMM, Gauge R&R studies, etc. would be advantageous.
In return, the quality technician will receive a salary of £28,000-£32,000 (Dependent on experience) + pension, healthcare, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
If you are a quality technician, quality inspector, quality engineer, etc. who is interested in applying for the trainee quality engineer role, please click on the apply button.
Job Skills: quality technician, quality inspector, quality engineer. engineering recruitment agencies, firstname.lastname@example.org