Up to £31500 per annum + pension, healthcare, etc.
Opportunity for a toolmaker or mechanical fitter to work for an established manufacturing company who are part of a large global group of companies. The role will involve working as part of a team of multi-skilled maintenance technicians across a 3 shift pattern undertaking a mix of reactive maintenance, planned preventative maintenance and improvement work.
The client is happy to consider either a time served toolmaker or a mechanical maintenance person providing they have good machining experience. You will be involved in repairing and maintaining varied equipment and tooling ensuring that the tooling they use is kept in the best condition possible.
The role will involve working a 3 shift pattern of days (6am-2pm), afternoons (2pm-10pm) and nights (10pm-6am) with the night shift starting on a Sunday.
As the toolmaker your duties will include:
- Repair and servicing of tools and associated equipment
- Ensuring that tooling is serviced and set up to the correct specification
- Involvement in the control of spare parts and materials to maintain tooling
- Using workshop machinery such as lathes, millers, grinders, etc.
- Liaising with other departments to make sure equipment is kept in good working order
To apply for the toolmaker role, you will need:
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- A relevant mechanical qualification
- Proficiency in the use of workshop tools such as lathes, millers, grinders, etc.
- TIG Welding experience is desirable
- Ability to use an overhead gantry crane
In return, the maintenance technician will receive a salary of £31,500 (including shift allowance) + pension, healthcare, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
If you wish to be considered for the toolmaker role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: Toolmaker, Tool Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Fitter, Mechanical Technician, Mechanical Maintenance Technician, [email protected]