£27000 - £30000 per annum + pension, etc.
Opportunity for a Toolmaker to undertake a 6 month fixed term contract with a well-established manufacturing organisation. The position will involve working as part of a team that is responsible for ensuring tooling is serviced and available as required to enable the company to meet its production outputs.
The role is based on a 3 shift pattern working a week of days (6am-2pm), nights (10pm-6am) and afternoons (2pm-10pm) and will report to the Tooling Manager onsite.
Toolmaker duties will include:
- Repair and servicing of tools and associated equipment
- Ensuring that tooling is serviced and set up to the correct specification
- Involvement in the control of spare parts and materials to maintain tooling
- Using workshop machinery such as lathes, millers, grinders, etc.
- Liaising with other departments to make sure equipment is kept in good working order
To be successful in your application for the Toolmaker position, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- A relevant mechanical qualification
- Proficiency in the use of workshop tools such as lathes, millers, grinders, etc.
- TIG Welding experience is desirable
- Ability to use an overhead gantry crane
In return, the Toolmaker will receive a salary of £27,000 – £30,000 (pro rata for the length of contract) including shift allowance plus pension.
If you wish to apply for the Toolmaker role, please click on the apply button. Or email email@example.com
By applying you are giving consent for Sigma Recruitment to contact you regarding this job and other jobs we are working on.