Up to £27500 per annum + pension, paid overtime, healthcare, etc.
Opportunity for a setter (injection moulding) to work for an established manufacturing company that has secure order books through to 2028. The site is part of a large global group of companies and has a very strong and long-standing focus on lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
The setter will work closely with the process manager and liaise with the production team to ensure tooling changeovers take place promptly as required to meet production outputs and that machines are set up correctly to reduce potential quality defects and issues.
The role will involve working a 3 shift pattern of days (6am-2pm), afternoons (2pm-10pm) and nights (10pm-6am) with the week of the night shift starting on a Sunday and finishing on a Friday morning.
As the setter, your duties will include:
- The setting of injection moulding machines and ancillary equipment
- Ensuring that products are manufactured to the correct quality standards
- Liaising with the maintenance department ensuring that equipment is in good working order
- Ensuring that the material handlers provide material to the machines on time and to the specified requirements
- Undertaking start up and shut down processes for equipment as required
- Making sure that work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
To apply for the setter role, you will need:
- Previous experience of working as a setter in a manufacturing setup, ideally plastic or automotive manufacturing
- A relevant engineering qualification is desirable
- Experience in dealing with large tooling (1000+ tonnes) is highly desirable
In return, the setter will receive a salary of £27,500 (including shift allowance) + pension, healthcare, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, etc.
If you are a setter, production setter, injection moulding setter, mould setter, moudling setter, injection moulding technician, etc. that wishes to be considered for the role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: Setter, production setter, injection moulding setter, mould setter, moudling setter, injection moulding technician, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]