Up to £43500 per annum + inc £3.5K car allowance + 5% bonus
Opportunity for a senior buyer to join a large group at the forefront of their sector.
The company is well established, financially stable, and can offer excellent long term career prospects.
As the senior buyer, you will work as part of a wider purchasing team, supporting the purchasing manager and dealing with suppliers across the UK, Europe, and Asia.
Initially, you will travel around 1-2 days a week as the senior buyer will have involvement across 17 manufacturing units(4 in South Wales, 4 in Midlands, 2 in Yorkshire, 2 in South East, 2 in Scotland, 1 in Newcastle, 1 in East Anglia and 1 in Northern Ireland). Potentially there could also be some travel to Europe, and Asia but only once per quarter.
Responsibilities include: -
- Purchasing of a wide range of items, including material repair operational (MRO) items and accessories
- Managing, developing, coaching, and mentoring a junior buyer.
- Sourcing new suppliers and products both locally and internationally.
- Supplier rationalisation covering services and parts
- Working with a spend of £15-20 million
- Negotiations with suppliers and contractors
- Communicate with vendors to resolve problems with the timeliness or quality of supplies.
- Maintaining an up-to-date supplier and vendor information; generating purchasing reports and statistics
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of materials and goods supplied; follow up on purchase orders with vendors to ensure timely delivery; and communicate the status of orders with internal customers.
To apply for the senior buyer position, you will need: -
- A strong purchasing background gained in construction, manufacturing, or engineering.
- Experience dealing with international suppliers is essential.
- An understanding of total cost modelling and cost breakdown.
- Ability to negotiate prices and contracts.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is desirable
- Willingness to travel as required.
In return, the senior buyer will receive a salary of up to £40,000 plus a car allowance of £3,500 and a 5% bonus
If you are interested in the senior buyer role, please apply today!
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: buyer, purchasing, procurement, [email protected]