Up to £20000 per annum + pension, 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Sampling technician required to work for a well-established company that can trace its roots back to the 19th century. They have moved in recent years to a new purpose-built facility and offer stable and secure employment as well as a varied workload making the role exciting and interesting.
The role will involve assisting in the day-to-day running of the laboratories undertaking a variety of tasks. The role will also involve visiting clients' sites to collect samples to be brought back to site for analysis.
The role would initially be a 2 year fixed term period with the expectation being that it would become a permanent role at that stage. Hours of work are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week). However, there is a requirement to work unsociable hours including overnight shift work on occasion to collect samples (roughly once per month) with either time off in lieu given for the additional hours worked or an enhanced hourly rate paid.
As the sampling technician your duties will include:
- Sample preparation involving using grinding, milling and drying processes
- Undertaking onsite sampling visiting industrial sites
- Collection and/or delivery of samples (using a company vehicle)
- Performing routine analysis (following suitable in-house training)
- Operating equipment and undertaking minor maintenance of it as required
- Undertaking any other duties as required
To apply for the sampling technician role you will need:
- Previous experience of working within industrial, laboratory or manufacturing environments
- A safety passport (CCNSG or similar) is desirable
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and ensure samples are collected and processed correctly
- Must hold a full driving license (including B1 category).
- Must be able to work unsociable hours occasionally (shift work sometimes involving 12 hour nights)
In return, the sampling technician will receive a salary of £20,000 + pension, 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays, etc.
If you are a sampling technician, sample analyst, analyst, quality technician, quality inspector, production operator, production technician, manufacturing technician, laboratory technician, etc. that wishes to be considered for the analyst role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: sampling technician, sample analyst, analyst, quality technician, quality inspector, production operator, production technician, manufacturing technician, laboratory technician, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]