Up to £8.46 per hour + pension, etc.
Opportunity to work for a well-established organisation who are currently in the process of relocating to larger premises. They are seen as a market leader for the services they provide and possess an extremely high level of technical knowledge for the multiple industries they work with.
As the sampling technician, you will assist in the day to day running of the laboratories undertaking a variety of tasks. The role will also involve visiting clients' sites to collect samples to be brought back to site for analysis. Your duties will include:
- Sample preparation involving using grinding, milling and drying processes
- Undertaking onsite sampling visiting industrial sites
- Collection and/or delivery of samples (using a company vehicle)
- Performing routine analysis (following suitable in-house training)
- Operating equipment and undertaking minor maintenance of it as required
- Undertaking any other duties as required
To be successful in your application for the sampling technician position, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working within industrial environments
- A safety passport (CCNSG or similar) is desirable
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and ensure samples are collected correctly
- Must hold a full driving license (including B1 category).
- Must be able to work unsociable hours occasionally (shift work sometimes involving nights 4-6 times per year)
In return, the laboratory administrator will receive a salary of £8.46 per hour plus pension.
Hours of work at 9am-5pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week). However, there is a requirement to work unsociable hours including overnight shift work on occasion to collect samples (4-6 times per year).
If you wish to work with this secure and established organisation, please click on the apply button.
If you apply and your CV is of interest the consultant will call you if they cannot reach you, they will email and text you requesting that you call them back. YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress!