£24000 - £26000 per annum + pension, etc.
You will get to work on the company's newest product offerings with interesting technology and contribute to their success!
You will have an interesting and varied role where you will split your time between the laboratory, the production area, and your desk!
Enjoy excellent job security - the company is part of a large global group with a headcount of over 15,000 and profits of £650million+
The company has a strong track record of 'promoting from within' giving you good career advancement possibilities.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting commercial staff and customers by providing technical knowledge and support
- Leading on your allocated projects and communicating the project roadmap to key personnel in the company
- Providing innovation within the team
- Maintaining health and safety and good manufacturing practice (GMP) throughout work
- Understanding requirements and formulating technical solutions
- Presenting solutions both internally and externally as required
- Working within a laboratory environment on a variety of projects from bespoke customer formulations to technological advances
- Transferring laboratory projects into production via scale-up trials
- Day-to-day management of projects to deliver in line with agreed project plans and timelines.
- Working with quality systems to produce documentation as required.
- Ensuring all processes and procedures have been followed to ensure 'scale up' is right first time.
What you will need:
- A degree-level or Masters level qualification in a scientific subject (Chemistry, Food Science, Biochemistry, Forensic Science, etc.)
- Experience in industry in a scientific or food manufacturing setup (postgraduate or via an industrial placement/year in industry).
- Good project management abilities
- A Full UK Driver's License and access to your own transport
What you will receive:
A salary of £24,000-£26,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, etc.
The working hours
You will work an 8 hour day and the company offers flexible working hours with a start time of between 7:30am-9:30am and a finish time from 3:30pm-5:30pm.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this R&D Scientist role working for a secure and well-established manufacturing business, please click apply. Don't worry if your CV is not up to date; we can sort that out later. If you want to discuss this first, call the office and quote ref 4307 R&D Scientist
Job Skills: R&D scientist, research and development scientist, research & development scientist, scientist, analytical chemist, chemist, NPD technologist, NPD technician, QC analyst, QC technician, engineering recruitment agencies, email@example.com