£30000 - £35000 per annum + pension, etc.
Opportunity for a quality manager to join an established manufacturing business that continues to grow and invest in its facilities. The company is open to considering either an experienced quality manager or a quality supervisor or team leader that is ready to take a step up in responsibility.
As the quality manager, you will work closely with the site technical manager and have responsibility for a small team of quality assurance staff. You will promote a strong quality culture within the site while looking for areas of improvement and implementing changes as required.
As the quality manager your duties will include:
- Promoting a quality culture ensuring standards are always met with products manufactured to correct specifications
- Managing the day to day activities of the QA team including training and development
- Managing site environmental, product and raw material testing plans
- Providing analysis and ensuring communication of technical information to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensuring corrective and preventative actions are put in place as a result of any quality failures to prevent reoccurrence
- Using knowledge and relevant quality tools to ensure managers and other staff understand their role in ensuring quality
- Developing and updating SOP's for site quality activities
- Driving continuous improvement by identifying and implementing quality improvement projects within the factory
- Conducting process audits to ensure compliance to specification and identify opportunities for improvement
To apply for the quality manager position, you will need:
- Previous experience of working in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience of working at either a management or supervisory level
- Familiarity and knowledge of BRC and major retailer standards
- Level 3 qualifications in both food safety and HACCP are desirable
- A relevant degree level qualification is desirable
In return, the quality manager will receive a salary of £30,000-£35,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, etc.
If you wish to be considered for the quality manager role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: quality manager, QA manager, QC manager, quality assurance manager, quality control manager, quality team leader, quality supervisor, HACCP, BRC, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]