£40000 - £45000 per annum + pension, private medical, etc.
Quality Manager required to join a global technology company that develops solutions for their customers across a wide range of industries. They have 5 sites around the world and are going through a significant period of growth on the back of extensive R&D work coming to fruition.
This is a new position focusing on the improvement and implementation of quality systems in the business. You will maintain and ensure compliance with the existing ISO:9001 standard while assisting in the implementation of new standards, with the next requirement being ISO:13485, as customer demands dictate the need for the business to do so.
Quality manager responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance and further development of existing quality systems, processes and policies
- Achievement and implementation of new quality standards as required for the business
- Leading a quality culture throughout the organisation based on right-first-time principles
- Reviewing and documenting all activities as necessary to enable 3rd party assessment/audit of work undertaken in compliance with the relevant quality standards.
- Facilitating the development and review of FMEAs and control plans with product development, NPI and production departments
- Being the lead internal auditor for the business and being capable of planning and executing internal and external audits and liaising with external accreditation bodies as the key point of contact
- Ensuring environmental and health and safety standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Collation of process parameters and liaising with the QC Technicians and operations staff to establish process trends
- Identifying and implementing improvements in process performance and product quality monitoring.
- Ensuring routine laboratory tasks are performed and documented including calibrations and maintenance.
- Ensuring the provision of SPC analysis through the compilation of data and interpretation of results.
- Reviewing the root cause analysis on any materials out of specification via the corrective and preventive action (CAPA) system.
To apply for the quality manager position, you will need:
- Previous experience in a quality function of a technical, scientific or manufacturing environment
- A degree-level qualification in a technical field (science, quality, engineering, etc.) is desirable
- Experience in working with, and ideally implementing ISO:13485 as a standard is highly desirable
- A Lead Auditor qualification is desirable
- Familiarity with a range of quality tools such as 5 WHYS, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), SPC, etc.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal formats with the ability to communicate effectively with external customers
In return, the quality manager will receive a salary of £40,000-£45,000 (dependent on experience - possibly a little more for the right person) + pension, private medical, etc.
If you are a quality manager, senior quality engineer, quality engineer, QA manager, QC manager, quality assurance manager, quality control manager, quality supervisor, quality team leader, quality lead, QA lead, QC lead, etc. who is interested in finding out more, please click apply.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: quality manager, senior quality engineer, quality engineer, QA manager, QC manager, quality assurance manager, quality control manager, quality supervisor, quality team leader, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]