£35000 - £38000 per annum + pension, potential bonus, etc.
You will get to work as part of a close-knit team for a family-owned business that has been in South Wales for over 50 years.
Interesting and varied work as the site provides products to several different industries.
You will get to be a part of the targeted improvement of the quality function through the enhancement of the use of quality tools.
Early finish on a Friday - finish early on a Friday and kickstart your weekend early!
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the management of all quality-related issues within the manufacturing team
- Identifying root causes and instigating corrective actions for product quality issues using quality tools such as 8D, 5 Why etc.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise.
- Carrying out product and process auditing.
- Ensuring process controls and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained.
- Ensuring compliance and assisting with adherence to the Quality Management System
- Reporting on quality-related KPIs
- Promoting the use of techniques for continuous improvement such as Six Sigma, Poka-Yoke, Measurement System Analysis, etc.
- Participating in external quality audits.
What you will need:
- Experience in a quality role in a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Experience in the use of quality tools such as APQP, PPAP and FMEA
- A technical or engineering-related qualification is desirable.
What you will receive:
A salary of £35,000-£38,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, potential annual bonus, etc.
The working hours
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 8am-4:30pm and Friday 8am-2:30pm
How to Apply
If you are interested in this quality engineer role with an established and secure manufacturing business, please click apply. Do not worry if your CV is not up to date; we can sort that out later. If you want to discuss this first, call the office and quote ref 4340 Quality Engineer
Job Skills: quality engineer, quality technician, senior quality engineer, QC engineer, quality control engineer, APQP engineer, PPAP, APQP, FMEA