Up to £46000 per annum + 10% bonus
We're looking to recruit a purchasing manager / procurement manager to play a significant role in improving the procurement function of a leading manufacturing business.
Working with a global business that has been established for more than four decades and is considered one of the market leaders within their field. Operating within a lean manufacturing environment, you will have the opportunity to implement change and drive improvements.
As the purchasing manager / procurement manager, you will be managing around seven direct reports, overseeing the purchasing department, ensuring that resources are used effectively and that targets are met.
As the purchasing manager / procurement manager, you will
- Lead, direct, evaluate and develop a team of purchasing staff.
- Evaluate and select suppliers, and negotiate terms for significant purchases.
- Liaise with other managers to understand their current and anticipated demand for goods and materials and develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules.
- Analyse and evaluate the organisation's overall purchasing trends to identify areas where purchases could be made in bulk or improvements for stock replenishment.
- Manage ongoing relationships with major suppliers, vendors or sub-contractors.
- Analyse and evaluate external price trends and new product offerings to identify opportunities to reduce overall purchasing costs.
To be successful as the purchasing manager / procurement manager, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive purchasing / procurement experience gained in the manufacturing sector.
- Good knowledge of ERP / MRP systems.
- Must have a proven track record in a purchasing leadership role.
In return, the purchasing manager / procurement manager, you will receive a salary of up to £46,000 in addition to a bonus of up to 10%, 5% pension and healthcare.
If you wish to be considered for this procurement management role, then please click the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: purchasing, procurement, [email protected]