Up to £28000 per annum + pension, healthcare, potential bonus, etc.
Opportunity for a production supervisor to work for an established manufacturing company that has secure order books through to 2028. The site is part of a large global group of companies and has a very strong and long-standing focus on lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
The shift supervisor will work closely with the shift manager assisting in ensuring that production outputs can be met while contributing to quality standards being met. You will also help to implement and maintain lean manufacturing and continuous improvement processes and ensure that health & safety standards are met.
The role will involve working a 3 shift pattern of days (6am-2pm), afternoons (2pm-10pm) and nights (10pm-6am) with the week of the night shift starting on a Sunday and finishing on a Friday morning.
As the production supervisor, your duties will include:
- Working to ensure that all production targets are met on time and in full
- Liaising with the quality department to ensure that all products are being manufactured to the required quality level
- Coordinating with other departments regarding tool changeovers to ensure they happen on time and machine downtime is kept to a minimum
- Supervising of a manufacturing area and overseeing the work carried out in other areas within the site
- Training of the personnel to carry out the duties required to maximise the results of the department
- Ensuring all standards of processes are adhered to and KPI's and relevant documentation are kept up to date.
- Achievement and monitoring of all activity plans/target agreements
To apply for the production supervisor role, you will need:
- Previous experience as a team leader or production supervisor in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in a high volume, fast-paced manufacturing environment is desirable
- Knowledge of Lean and CI tools
- Experience in ensuring KPIs are met within a manufacturing setup
In return, the production supervisor will receive a salary of £28,000 (including shift allowance) + pension, healthcare, potential annual bonus, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, etc.
If you are a production supervisor, shift supervisor, production shift supervisor, production team leader, shift team leader, manufacturing team leader, shift manager, etc. that wishes to be considered for the role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: production supervisor, shift supervisor, production shift supervisor, production team leader, shift team leader, manufacturing team leader, shift manager, manufacturing supervisor, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]