£25000 - £30000 per annum + pension, holidays etc
Opportunity for a chemist to join a rapidly growing global, financially secure, award-winning business as a product development chemist. The company are currently trialling a 9-day fortnight (37.5 hours per week)
The salary on offer is between £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience, plus an excellent benefits package on offer, including a pension, 24 days of holidays, plus the eight bank holidays, a cash healthcare plan for routine healthcare needs, optical, dental physiotherapy, well-being, and counselling: state-of-the-art spacious offices and seminar suite, free on-site parking, EV chargers, and free fresh fruit on the first Monday of every month.
The hiring company is a global organisation with four international subsidiaries, their culture is friendly, and they enjoy very low staff turnover rates. The business has gained an enviable reputation for being a stable, considerate employer with excellent career development opportunities.
As the product development chemist, you will work in the product development team and support several business units across the company, forming a crucial link between the business units, engineering teams and the customer. In addition to working on a wide variety of development projects, you will help train colleagues on new systems, assist with quality assurance assessments of new suppliers, and investigate & solve complex customer issues. Responsibilities will also include:-
- Development and execution of proof statements, validation, and application test plans for development projects.
- Recording and presenting results from validation and application testing.
- Evaluating the capabilities of different systems for new and challenging applications.
- Liaising with business units and engineering teams to ensure new products are fit for purpose.
- Researching and testing novel technologies or chemistries towards developing next-generation products.
- Operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting laboratory instrumentation.
- Providing training and technical support to production, marketing, sales and service.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of competitors’ products and applications that are relevant to projects in development
To be successful in your application for the product development chemist, you will need the following: –
- A degree in chemistry, ideally analytical chemistry or a closely related subject.
- Knowledge of GC, GC-MS, Mass Spec or other analytical techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested in the product development chemist position, please apply today!
Job Skills: chemist, analytical chemist, firstname.lastname@example.org