£40000 - £45000 per annum + pro-rata, pension, etc.
Opportunity for a procurement manager to join a growing company that is part of a large multi-national group that supplies their products to over 70 countries worldwide. The procurement or purchasing manager role is for an initial 6 month fixed term contract with the potential for the period to be extended or possibly made permanent.
You will be working closely with the senior management team on-site and with the company's supply chain function in the wider group they are part of. The role will be based in their Swansea facility with occasional travel within the UK and possibly overseas and there is flexibility regarding working hours and the possibility of a mix of remote and on-site working.
As the procurement manager your duties will include:
- Line management, coaching and mentoring of one direct report
- On-going commercial management of relationships with third-party manufacturers
- Working closely with the new product development function to source solutions for them as required
- Negotiating and putting in place robust supply agreements
- Driving cost savings through the development of strong negotiation strategies and awareness of changing market dynamics
To apply for the procurement manager role, you will need:
- Experience of working in a purchasing or procurement function involving an international supplier base
- Experience of working in a manufacturing or FMCG environment is highly desirable
- Experience in working with third-party manufacturers is highly desirable
- Excellent supplier management and negotiation skills
- The ability to travel within the UK and possibly overseas as required
- A relevant degree qualification or formal CIPS qualification is desirable
In return, the procurement manager will receive a salary of £40,000-£45,000 (dependent on experience - pro-rata for the length of the contract) + pension, etc.
If you are a procurement manager, purchasing manager, supply chain manager, head of purchasing, head of procurement, head of supply chain, procurement specialist, etc. who wishes to be considered for this role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: procurement manager, purchasing manager, supply chain manager, head of purchasing, head of procurement, head of supply chain, procurement specialist, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]