£45000 - £50000 per annum + pension, etc.
Planning and logistics manager required to work for a well-established and successful international manufacturer that has been trading for over 80 years. The company uses cutting-edge technologies to produce world-leading products in critical applications for many well-known, blue-chip multinationals. The unique capability and portfolio offered by the business has delivered exceptional growth in 2021, with further strong double-digit growth expected in 2022.
This is a newly created role that aims to drive overall business performance by improving the material planning and logistics functions within the business. You will also play an important role in and will benefit from, an ongoing ERP/MRP implementation project.
You will work closely with the operations director and the wider management team, giving hands-on leadership to a dedicated team of planners, logistics and warehouse staff. This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving SME, contribute to critical projects and make a tangible impact on business performance.
As the planning and logistics manager, your duties will include:
- Developing and executing a strategy for the business to ensure strong material planning and logistics performance
- Setting high standards in all aspects of materials, planning and logistics
- Providing solid and consistent leadership, coaching and mentoring your team to drive best practice and continuous improvement
- Ensuring plans and actions are carried out to drive the organisation to meet or exceed planned sales and profitability targets
- Establishing procedures to create and regularly update systems within the business and ensure these schedules and plans are communicated throughout the company and rigorously adhered to
- Day to day management of all aspects of the materials, planning and logistics teams incorporating customer demand, material requirement, capacity planning, generation of manufacturing and dispatch plans
- Ensuring the business is adhering to or surpassing cost plans and creating/maintaining a regular reporting structure to drive continuous improvement in cost control and cost reduction
- Managing your team and processes to identify risks and mitigate/resolve these risks before they occur
- Management of the company warehouse and all processes relating to receipt and dispatch of materials and goods
- Project managing the specification and implementation of new systems or improvements to existing systems
To apply for the planning and logistics manager role, you will need:
- Previous experience within the manufacturing industry (ideally a metal-based, batch environment)
- Experience in managing materials planning, production planning and logistics, including warehouse and dispatch.
- Strong leadership skills, including experience of driving change and improvements
- Experience of working with MRP/ERP systems, ideally having been involved in the implementation of a system
- A degree-level qualification in a relevant subject is highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In return, the planning and logistics manager will receive a salary of £45,000 - £50,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, etc.
If you are a materials manager, planning manager, logistics manager, master production scheduler, material planning and logistics manager, MP&L manager, supply chain manager, etc., that wishes to be considered for the role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: materials manager, planning manager, logistics manager, master production scheduler, material planning and logistics manager, MP&L manager, supply chain manager, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]