£45000 - £49500 per annum + bonus, medical, pension
Opportunity for a talented operations manager to work with a global manufacturing engineering company who have sites across Europe, America and Asia. The organisation is in the process of introducing an innovative new product which is gaining extensive global interest and is projected to generate significant growth. The business also has a range of existing well-established products which are market leaders and generate a consistent revenue stream. The customer base is diverse and includes many blue-chip names across a wide range of sectors.
As the operations manager, you will report to a senior director and have responsibility for overseeing the quality, production, customer service, supply chain and IT departments in South Wales and in the USA (only limited travel to the states, once or twice a year). Your role as operations manager will focus on the improvement of both manufacturing and business processes working closely with the senior management team. Key objectives for the operations manager will include:
- Manage all aspects of quality engineering to ensure compliance with ISO9001:2015 and to improve product quality.
- Oversee operations to ensure uninterrupted supply and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Drive the implementation of continuous improvement across all company processes.
- Research and implement scaled up production for new product range in line with customer orders.
- Work closely with the engineering team to feedback production issues and ensure resolutions are sought and implemented.
- Innovate the effective use of information technology and ensure that the company gains maximum return on recent investment in a new ERP system.
To be successful in your application for the operations manager position, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- A background in a similar role in a small to the medium-sized manufacturing company.
- Experience of quality including the maintenance of a QMS.
- A degree level qualification in a relevant technical / engineering subject is preferred.
- Experience of process / continuous improvement within production / manufacturing.
- An understanding of IT and ERP systems.
- Should be happy to travel to the USA once/twice per year for about a week.
In return, the operations manager will receive a salary of £45,000 - £49,500 (highly dependent on experience) plus a pension scheme, private medical, potential annual bonus, etc.
If you wish to be considered for the operations manager role, please click on the apply button.
If you apply and your CV is of interest the consultant will call you if they cannot reach you, they will email and text you requesting that you call them back. YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress!