car allowance, bonus, medical, pension, etc.
Operations director required to join a global manufacturing company that has seen consistent growth in recent years and has plans for significant near-term growth moving forward. They have 15 sites around the world, is privately owned and benefits from working with customers in multiple industries as a solutions provider.
This is a vital role for the business coordinating the production, engineering and supply chain functions of the local site and interacting with overseas facilities to strategically grow the business. You will work closely with the managing director and will work collaboratively with other global locations within the business
Operations director responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing production processes and schedules ensuring efficiency and cost-effective planning
- Leading successful multi-functional teams to achieve business results through quality, cost and delivery
- Establishing manufacturing priorities and allocating resources to meet or exceed KPIs for efficiency and operational performance
- Maintaining SOPs for all production operations and taking ownership of any improvements required
- Developing and tracking improvements
- Ensuring compliance with environmental, health and safety policies, systems and processes
- Consistently looking for CI (Continuous Improvement) initiatives and implementing changes to improve the performance of the company
- Evaluating and assessing manufacturing operations staffing and skill requirements, developing and recommending plans to address gaps and/or needs
- Providing coaching and support as part of the performance management process
- Conducting performance appraisals for direct reports
- Tracking competencies of subordinates and providing leadership and development paths to contribute to growth initiatives and help to identify members of the team that can be invested in for longer-term growth and development of the business
- Developing and executing yearly plans to deliver business objectives
- Providing monthly, quarterly and end-of-year projections as required by finance and corporate leadership
- Providing quarterly narrative (board report) regarding business conditions, highlighting and commenting on operational performance, variances and key actions to keep/get on track
To apply for the operations director position, you will need:
- Experience of working at a senior level in a manufacturing environment working with electro-mechanical products
- Experience in working in a solution led, bespoke manufacturing setup (low volume/high value)
- Experience of working in a global organisation inclusive of interactions with overseas facilities
- A degree-level qualification in a relevant subject
- To be people-focused with strong communication skills at all levels in a business in both verbal and written formats
- The ability to speak a second language is desirable
- Experience in developing an MRP/ERP system is desirable
In return, the operations director will receive a competitive salary + a car allowance, potential annual bonus, pension, private healthcare, etc.
If you are an operations director, plant manager, production director, purchasing director, supply chain director, engineering director, technical director, managing director, head of operations, head of production, head of engineering, operations manager, etc. who is interested in finding out more, please click apply.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: operations director, plant manager, production director, purchasing director, supply chain director, technical director, managing director, head of operations, operations manager, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]