£34000 - £40000 per annum + pension, healthcare, potential bonus, etc.
Opportunity for a mechanical project engineer to join a manufacturing company who has a global presence, offers excellent earning potential and friendly culture.
As the mechanical project engineer, you will work closely with the engineering manager and be responsible for all project work relating to pipework, pumps, pressure vessels, etc. from initial design and quotation through to overseeing the installation and managing contractors. You will also provide out of hours support by being on call 1 week in 5 predominantly providing telephone support to the team on-site as required.
As the mechanical project engineer, your duties will include:
- Research, design, evaluate and develop mechanical projects
- Estimating the budget and scope of projects
- Creating safe systems of work and risk assessments
- Control of all contractors on site
- Ensuring awareness of all necessary regulations
- Being part of an on-call rota (1 week in 5) to provide out of hours engineering support to the site
To apply for the mechanical project engineer, you will need:
- Experience of working in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- A degree-level qualification in mechanical engineering
- Experience of working on projects relating to pipework, pumps, etc. (installation and/or upgrade)
- The ability to use a CAD package such as AutoCAD is desirable
In return, the mechanical project engineer will receive a salary of circa £37,500 (including call-out allowance of circa £3,500 per year), plus pension, private medical, potential annual bonus (usually around £2,000 per year), etc.
If you wish to be considered for the mechanical project engineer role, please click apply!
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Project Engineer, Graduate Engineer, Marine Engineer, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]