£30000 - £34000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare, Life Cover
Profitable manufacturing company who has recently invested c£4M in improving manufacturing efficiency. The organisation is a world leader in their field and is a very stable employer. Over the last ten years, the business has invested more than £100M into their South Wales site. An excellent time to join, as the business is very optimistic about future growth potential and profitability.
Working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (2 days, 2 nights - 12 hour shifts)
You will be required to follow established procedures and guidelines to maintain and repair organisation's equipment according to specifications and schedules following established safety and quality standards.
As the Mechanical Maintenance Technician, your duties will include:
- Repairing, adjusting, and maintaining production equipment, machinery, or instruments to ensure that it functions reliably and complies with process specifications.
- Responding to emergencies, break-downs, malfunctions, and other operating problems to minimise disruptions to manufacturing processes.
- Implementing an established maintenance programme and maintaining detailed maintenance records so that recurring problems with machinery, equipment, or parts can be identified and addressed.
- Setting, calibrating, or adjusting equipment, machinery, and instruments so that it complies with production specifications or instructions.
- Maintaining tools and repair equipment in good working order.
- Conducting periodic inspections to evaluate requests for repair.
- Interpreting blueprints and schematics; implementing methods, practices, and techniques to identify and address recurring problems with machinery, equipment, or parts.
- Monitoring and reviewing implementation of global health and safety standards to ensure compliance, and risk free production globally.
- Ensuring compliance of safety standards by undertaking risk assessments and adhering to SOP's.
- Training workers in the organisation's operating procedures and standards. Providing guidance and supervision for new entrants.
- Undertaking rigorous investigatory reports for defective actions/situations where appropriate.
To be a successful Mechanical Maintenance Technician you will have the following skills and experience:
- Candidates must hold a time served mechanical apprenticeship.
- Experience in a heavy industrial environment is essential, including working with hydraulic and pneumatic heavily automated plant equipment.
- Must have good awareness of health and safety.
In return, the Mechanical Maintenance Technician will receive a salary of £30,000 - £34,000 per annum, pension, healthcare.
If you wish to considered for this role, then please click the apply button.
NOTE if you apply for this position a consultant will review your CV and call you if your CV is a match.
If the consultant cannot reach you they will email and text you requesting that you call them back. YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress!