£30000 - £40000 per annum + pension, etc.
Mechanical design engineer required to join an SME that holds a global patent for a disruptive technology across multiple industries. They sell their product across 6 continents working with a range of large, global blue-chip customers and have doubled their turnover year-to-year in recent times.
You will work closely with the senior engineer (and original pioneer of their technology) as part of a design team getting to work on a range of varied projects and you will get to see your design ideas and solutions translated into full-scale manufacture and installation with clients.
Mechanical design engineer responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of detailed drawings and design packages in both 2D and 3D formats
- Contributing directly to the overall design strategy and product concepts including undertaking finite element analysis
- Working on a range of mechanical engineering problems involving high levels of uncertainty and complexity
- Liaising with suppliers
- Maintaining and generating Bills of Materials
- Contributing towards project and product development review
To apply for the mechanical design engineer position, you will need:
- Previous experience of working in a design role
- A degree-level qualification in a relevant subject (mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, aerospace engineering, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of fluid dynamics
- CAD experience, ideally with SolidWorks
- FEA experience is desirable
In return, the mechanical design engineer will receive a salary of £30,000 - £40,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, etc.
If you are a mechanical design engineer, design engineer, development engineer, CAD engineer, 3D CAD engineer, etc. who is interested in finding out more, please click apply.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: mechanical design engineer, design engineer, development engineer, CAD engineer, 3D CAD engineer, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]