£45000 - £50000 per annum + pension, potential bonus, etc.
Opportunity for a mechanical design engineer to work with a company that is a global leader for their particular specialism in their field. They are currently looking to bring new technology to their marketplace and are expanding their team to aid this, while also having a portfolio of additional ideas and technologies to develop in the future.
You will work closely with the R&D Director and take full responsibility for the mechanical elements of the design and development process. The role will involve working as part of a multi-disciplined team undertaking both CAD/design work and hands-on mechanical prototyping and testing tasks.
As the mechanical design engineer your duties will include:
- Producing design sketches, concepts, drawings and CAD models
- Conducting analysis or calculations to ensure functionality, safety and ability to manufacture components
- Preparation of components and assembly drawings along with corresponding BoMs
- Running and reporting risk mitigation activities (FMEA)
- Planning, designing and executing technical feasibility, verification and validation tests.
- Producing documentation for the design history files and technical files
- Supporting the product through transfer to manufacturing.
To apply for the mechanical design engineer role, you will need:
- Previous experience of working in a medical device development or manufacturing environment
- A good level of CAD ability (SolidWorks)
- A degree-level qualification in mechanical engineering
- Experience of designing plastic injection moulded parts
- The ability to understand small intricate electromechanical assemblies, carry out calculations relating to tolerance, structural analysis, FEA, etc.
In return, the mechanical design engineer will receive a salary of £45,000-£50,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, potential annual bonus, etc.
If you wish to be considered for the mechanical design engineer role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: Mechanical Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, CAD Engineer, SolidWorks, Medical Device, ISO:13485, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]