£35000 - £40000 per annum + pension, etc.
Opportunity for a mechanical design engineer to join one of the fastest-growing manufacturing companies in South Wales. The company have recently relocated into a new manufacturing facility and are now looking to strengthen their engineering team to enable them to meet their target to continue the growth they have been experiencing in recent years.
Working closely with the mechanical design manager you will be involved in producing both 2D and 3D drawings contributing to the design and development of new products from concept through to manufacture. You will also provide design support for the company's already successful existing products.
As the mechanical design engineer your duties will include:
- Mechanical/product design using CAD software (3D solid and surface modelling)
- Producing 2D technical drawings
- Ensuring designs are suitable for mass manufacture
- Creating 3D printed prototypes for trials and testing
- Testing and validation of parts
- Ensuring all project documentation (drawings, test reports, etc.) are completed and filed correctly
To apply for the mechanical design engineer role, you will need:
- Previous experience within industry in a product or mechanical design-focused role
- A good level of CAD ability (ideally SolidWorks)
- A degree-level qualification in Product Design or Mechanical Engineering is desirable
- Experience of designing plastic injection moulded parts is desirable
In return, the mechanical design engineer will receive a salary of £35,000-£40,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, etc.
If you wish to be considered for the role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you are giving consent for Sigma Recruitment to contact you regarding this job and other jobs we are working on.