£35000 - £40000 per annum + pension, etc.
Opportunity for a mechanical design engineer to join a pioneering organisation that is developing the next big revolution in their field. The company is due to move into a new manufacturing facility in early 2022 and looks set to continue to grow significantly as they move through the next stages of their development process.
Working closely with the design manager you will form part of a small and talented multi-disciplinary design team and contribute mechanical design expertise to the design and development process. The role will initially be home-based with occasional visits to their current site as required with the aim being to work from their new facility from Spring 2022.
As the mechanical design engineer your duties will include:
- Contributing to a multi-disciplinary team in the development of highly regulated products
- Designing and developing products in line with the company design control processes and ensuring that all activity aligns with the company quality management system
- Utilising 2D and 3D CAD skills to assist in the progression of projects
- Using engineering skills to determine tolerances and limitations
- Material selection and specification for prototype and manufacturing
- Working closely with the manufacturing team to develop design for manufacture (DFM) processes
To apply for the mechanical design engineer role, you will need:
- Previous experience in the design and development of regulated products or devices - preferably in the medical device or aerospace sectors
- A degree-level qualification in the field of Mechanical Engineering (an HND, HNC, etc. with relevant industry experience will also be considered)
- Strong CAD skills, ideally with SolidWorks
- Good mechanical engineering skills in areas such as tolerances, material specification and selection, etc.
- Experience in designing small precision parts and assemblies
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes such as CNC milling and turning, laser welding, assembly processes, etc.
In return, the mechanical design engineer will receive a salary of £35,000-£40,000 (dependent on experience - possibly more for the right person) + pension, etc.
If you are a mechanical design engineer, design engineer, development engineer, mechanical engineer, design and development engineer, product development engineer, product design engineer, etc. that wishes to be considered for the mechanical design engineer role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: mechanical design engineer, design engineer, development engineer, mechanical engineer, design and development engineer, product development engineer, product design engineer, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]