£25000 - £29000 per annum + pension, etc.
Opportunity for a materials planner to join an established manufacturing company that offers stability and security. The company has been in business for 150+ years and this facility has been part of their group for the last 15 years.
You will work as part of a small team to order raw materials and other goods in line with production demands ensuring that internal processes are followed. You will also need to take into account factors such as inventory, cost targets and external compliance regulations as part of the role.
As the materials planner your duties will include:
- Material planning and validation of results including defining and maintaining relevant levels and order limits for raw materials
- Planning for unexpected scenarios
- Preparation of regular demand forecasts for materials/supplies for internal and external stakeholders
- Liaising with the strategic purchasing function as well as other internal departments as needed
- Supporting the qualification process for new materials and suppliers
- Requisition and purchase order management for relevant materials and services
- Searching for problem solutions in case of deviations in quantities, delivery dates or materials
- Support for the monthly and annual inventory process
- Reporting and analysis of defined KPI's for material management processes to enable continuous improvement
- Active participation in projects to improve processes and IT systems in the material management area
To apply for the materials planner role, you will need:
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment, preferably a continuous 24/7 process-driven manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of inventory management, forecasting and demand management
- MRP/ERP experience
- An understanding of sales, operations and planning processes
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written formats
- Strong IT skills with all Microsoft Office applications
In return, the materials planner will receive a salary of £25,000-£29,000 (dependent on experience + pension, etc.
If you are a materials planner, production planner, supply chain planner, supply chain coordinator, supply chain co-ordinator, inventory planner, purchasing administrator, inventory administrator, materials agent, etc. who wishes to be considered for the role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: materials planner, production planner, supply chain planner, supply chain coordinator, supply chain co-ordinator, inventory planner, purchasing administrator, inventory administrator, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]