£25000 - £27500 per annum + pension, bonus, private medical, etc.
Materials planner required to join a global manufacturing company that has been trading for over 70 years. This is a new position brought about by growth in the business and the company has further plans to increase its turnover by 150% in the next 8 years.
You will work closely with the purchasing manager as part of a small team initially being involved in the ordering and scheduling of materials to meet production demands but there is longer-term growth and development to undertake external supply chain management training and develop into a buyer in the team.
Materials planner responsibilities will include:
- Planning and scheduling material requirements.
- Planning orders to maintain inventory levels
- Ordering materials and components to meet production schedules
- Taking ownership of assigned items of inventory
- Expediting material requirements to meet customer demands.
- Editing requisitions and communicating with various stakeholders regarding changing demands
- Liaise with vendors regarding corrective actions due to non-conformity to specifications
- Providing support as required for company stock take processes
To apply for the materials planner position, you will need:
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in working in a materials planning, purchasing, or stores environment
- An understanding of engineering drawings or some form of technical background is desirable
- MRP experience (SAGE experience desirable)
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written formats
In return, the materials planner will receive a salary of £25,000-£27,500 (dependent on experience) + a potential annual bonus, pension, private healthcare, etc.
If you are a materials planner, planner, production planner, junior buyer, assistant buyer, purchasing administrator, purchasing assistant, materials assistant, buyer, procurement assistant, etc. who is interested in finding out more, please click apply.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: materials planner, planner, production planner, junior buyer, assistant buyer, purchasing administrator, purchasing assistant, materials assistant, buyer, procurement assistant, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]