£17000 - £19500 per annum + pension, etc.
Opportunity for a material handler to join an established manufacturing site with secure order books. The company has 3 locations across Europe and has been involved in delivering precision manufactured parts for 20+ years.
You will be working a 2 shift pattern of days (6am-2pm) and afternoons (2pm-10pm) and will be responsible for the movement of materials from the stores' area into the production area ensuring that all records are kept accurate.
As the material handler, your duties will include:
- Supplying material to all production processes on the shop floor in time for production runs to take place and in the right volumes
- Applying FIFO process at all times
- Ensuring stock levels on the shop floor are kept to a minimum and removing any unused materials as soon as you are able to
- Reporting to management any issues arising relating to low stock levels
- Ensuring that all stock movements are recorded on the computerised system with accuracy so that any potential issues can be recognised and solved in good time.
To apply for the material handler role, you will need:
- Experience of working in a stores / supply chain focused role in manufacturing
- Working knowledge of MRP / ERP systems
- Knowledge of warehouse and material supply techniques such as FIFO, Milk Run, Kanban, etc.
- A valid forklift truck license
In return, the material handler will receive a salary of £17,000 - £19,500 (dependent on experience) + pension, etc.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you are giving consent for Sigma Recruitment to contact you regarding this job and other jobs we are working on.
Job Skills: Material Handler, MAterial Controller, Warehouse Operator, [email protected]