pension, potential bonus, etc.
Opportunity for a professional manufacturing engineer with expertise in CNC turning processes to join a global manufacturing organisation who have 2,000+ employees worldwide. They have manufacturing facilities in Europe, the USA and Asia and have a strong track record of providing solutions for their varied customer base across several sectors.
The manufacturing engineer will report directly to senior members of staff onsite and work in a standalone capacity liaising with the rest of the engineering and technical teams onsite to provide expertise for CNC turning processes.
As the manufacturing engineer your duties will include:
- Approval of machine tools
- Programming of CNC equipment including 'prove out' of programmes
- Development of process control documentation
- Continual development and improvement of CNC turning processes including developing training and relevant documentation
- Conducting capability studies in relation to NPI processes
- Communicating technical information across the site
- Supporting the sourcing and commissioning of equipment as required (including acceptance testing)
To be a successful manufacturing engineer, you will need:
- Previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with CNC turning equipment brands such as Traub, Citizen, Mazak, etc.
- Either a degree level qualification or a time served apprenticeship within a relevant field (with experience of working with relevant equipment/processes)
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal formats and the ability to communicate technical information to a wide range of people
- Familiarity with Lean and CI tools and techniques
- Knowledge of quality tools is desirable
In return, the manufacturing engineer will receive a competitive salary (highly dependent on experience) + company benefits including pension, annual discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, etc.
If you wish to be considered for the manufacturing engineer role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you are giving consent for Sigma Recruitment to contact you regarding this job and other jobs we are working on.