Up to £33250 per annum + pension, healthcare, paid overtime, etc.
Opportunity for a multi-skilled maintenance technician (mechanical bias) to work for an established manufacturing company that has secure order books through to 2028. The site is part of a large global group of companies and has a very strong and long-standing focus on lean manufacturing and continuous improvement. This is a new position brought about by a steady increase of additional work for the site.
The maintenance technician will work closely with the maintenance supervisor as part of a team covering a good mix of reactive, planned preventative and project/improvement focused maintenance. There is also good opportunity to earn additional money through regularly available overtime (circa £4,000 per year on average).
The role will involve working a 3 shift pattern of days (6am-2pm), afternoons (2pm-10pm) and nights (10pm-6am) with the week of the night shift starting on a Sunday and finishing on a Friday morning.
As the multi-skilled maintenance technician (mechanical bias), your duties will include:
- Reacting to and repairing production breakdowns
- Contributing to the implementation of a PPM system
- Supporting the continuous improvement culture onsite
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed as required
- Adhering to all Health & Safety policies at all times
To apply for the maintenance technician role, you will need:
- A time served apprenticeship in a manufacturing environment
- Good multi-skill ability with a mechanical bias
- Experience in maintaining hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- An electrical qualification (wiring regulations, etc.) is highly desirable.
In return, the maintenance technician will receive a salary of £33,250 (including shift allowance) + pension, healthcare, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
If you are a maintenance technician, multi-skilled maintenance technician, multi-skilled mechanical maintenance technician, mechanical maintenance technician, mechanical technician, mechanical fitter, etc. that wishes to be considered for the role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: maintenance technician, multi-skilled maintenance technician, multi-skilled mechanical maintenance technician, mechanical maintenance technician, mechanical technician, mechanical fitter, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]