£37000 - £39000 per annum + pension, potential bonus, etc.
Opportunity for a maintenance technician to join an award-winning and secure market leading company in their industry. They have been established for over 40 years, offer excellent rates of pay and have recently been investing heavily in their site. The company is willing to consider either a mechanical maintenance technician or an electrical maintenance technician.
Working closely with the maintenance manager you will form part of a large maintenance team undertaking a varied role involving reactive breakdown maintenance, assisting with the delivery of a planned preventative maintenance system and project work centered around installations, upgrades and improvements.
As the maintenance technician your duties will include:
- Supporting the engineering team by carrying out systematic tasks
- Responding to breakdowns promptly and repairing in line with company strategy in a safe manner
- Assisting in the delivery of a PPM system
- Involvement in continuous improvements to plant and machinery to improve existing manufacturing processes.
- Identifying areas that will improve the production performance
- Providing maintenance support for projects as required
- Performing housekeeping duties in the engineering department as required
- Ensuring you work to health and safety requirements at all times
- Carrying out testing on-site facilities periodically as required
To apply for the maintenance technician role, you will need:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- A time-served apprenticeship (electrical or mechanical)
- The ability to read and understand engineering drawings
There are 2 shift options available as outlined below:
4 on 4 off days (8am-6pm) - salary of £37,000
3 shift rota (a week of days 6am-2pm, afternoons 2pm-10pm and nights 10pm-6am with the night shift starting on Sunday and finishing on Friday morning) - salary starting at £37,000 rising to £39,000 after completion of 6 month probation period.
Benefits will include: pension (5% company contribution), annual profit share bonus (up to 10%), 24 days holiday + Bank holidays rising to 27 days holiday + Bank Holidays after 5 years' service, etc.
If you are a maintenance technician, electrical maintenance technician, mechanical maintenance technician, mechanical fitter multi skilled maintenance technician, multi-skilled maintenance technician, etc. that wishes to be considered for the maintenance technician role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: maintenance technician, electrical maintenance technician, mechanical maintenance technician, mechanical fitter multi skilled maintenance technician, multi-skilled maintenance technician