£25000 - £27000 per annum + potential annual bonus, medical, pension,
Opportunity for a machinist to join a global manufacturing company that has been trading for over 70 years. They have 10+ sites globally and are a market leader for the technology they provide delivering bespoke solutions for a wide variety of customers and sectors.
You will work closely with a production supervisor as part of a small team working with manual equipment (lathes, millers, drills, etc.) with the main part of the role being a variety of turning work using lathes. You will work days Monday to Friday and there is usually regular overtime available at enhanced rates to boost your salary.
Machinist responsibilities will include:
- Machining product to high tolerances
- Setting and operating machinery
- Interpreting engineering drawings
- Meeting daily production targets
- Ensuring quality checks are carried out at regular intervals
- General housekeeping of work area
- Manual handling tasks as required as part of the role
To apply for the machinist position, you will need:
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- A recognised qualification or time served apprenticeship in mechanical engineering, toolmaking, fitting, turning, etc. is highly desirable
- Experience in working with manual machine shop equipment - particularly lathes
- Flexibility to work overtime as required to meet targets/deadlines
In return, the machinist will receive a salary of £25,000-£27,000 (dependent on experience) + a potential annual bonus of up to 10%, pension, private healthcare, etc.
If you are a machinist, manual machinist, CNC machinist, lathe operator, fitter, turner, etc. who is interested in finding out more, please click apply.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: machinist, manual machinist, CNC machinist, lathe operator, fitter, turner, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]