£35000 - £45000 per annum + pension, medical, potential bonus, etc.
Logistics officer required to join a rapidly growing global manufacturing company that has 7 sites around the world. They have added over 100 staff in the last 4 years to their team globally and look set to continue to expand as demand for their products continues to grow and their orders numbers increase.
You will work in a standalone capacity on their South Wales site reporting to a manager overseas but with daily management support onsite and there will be the opportunity to take on a leadership role in the future as the logistics function expands.
The logistics specialist will be responsible for overseeing the movement of materials into the facility, inventory management, documentation control and arranging the shipping of finished goods/exports.
Logistics officer responsibilities will include:
- Processing shipment documentation for international shipments
- Working with carriers/freight forwarders on scheduling and import/export-related requirements
- Creating and updating shipment records through internal shipping portal
- Managing intake process of shipments from receiving to internal end-users
- Receiving purchase orders in ERP system
- Inventory control
- Facilitating temporary import process
- Working with global procurement through purchase requisitions to order spare parts and consumables and follow up regarding availability/shipment dates
- Scanning/filing of delivery notifications
- Being the resident expert on logistics-related topics for the UK/EMEA region
To apply for the logistics officer position, you will need:
- Previous experience of working in a logistics or export role in a manufacturing or technical environment
- Experience in working with high-value products is desirable
- Strong knowledge of HMRC and EMEA customs compliance
- Previous experience in building and maintaining relationships with shipping providers such as DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc.
- ERP experience
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience of working in a standalone capacity, or must be comfortable and willing to work in this manner.
In return, the logistics officer will receive a salary of £35,000-£45,000 (dependent on experience) + potential annual bonus, pension, private healthcare, etc.
If you are a logistics officer, shipping officer, export shipping officer, logistics executive, shipping executive, export shipping executive, logistics specialist, shipping specialist, export shipping specialist, supply chain coordinator, supply chain co-ordinator, etc. who is interested in finding out more, please click apply.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: logistics officer, shipping officer, export shipping officer, logistics executive, shipping executive, export shipping executive, logistics specialist, shipping specialist, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]gmarecruitment.co.uk