Opportunity for a health & safety manager to join a growing company who are part of a large multi-national group. They supply their products to over 70 countries globally and this role is a newly created position to further support their ongoing growth.
You will be working closely with the senior management team on-site and will provide expertise relating to health & safety while also being responsible for the management of facilities on site. The role will be based in their Swansea facility with occasional travel to support a site in England.
As the health & safety manager your duties will include:
- Implement, oversee and maintain H&S systems and documentation
- Ensuring all Health & Safety standards are adhered to and that risk assessments are carried out as required
- Ensuring policies and procedures are in place for reporting of incidents and near misses and be involved in any accident investigations
- Assist in preparing training plans relating to Health & Safety
- Ensuring all required PPE and other safety equipment is available and used correctly
- Management of all site maintenance and facilities matters including site maintenance budgets
To apply for the health & safety manager role, you will need:
- Experience in a health & safety role ideally within a manufacturing, warehousing or distribution environment
- Strong understanding of health & safety regulations
- A recognised health & safety qualification such as NEBOSH or IOSH
- Experience of facilities management is desirable
In return, the health & safety manager will receive a competitive salary (dependent on experience) + pension (6% company contribution), 25 Days holiday + Bank Holidays etc.
The standard hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8:45am-5:15pm. However, the company does offer a flexible working scheme.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: Health & Safety Manager, Health & Safety Officer, Facilities Manager, [email protected]