competitive salary plus bonus, medical, pension, etc.
Opportunity for a health, safety and environmental manager a growing global business. The role offers the opportunity to work in a hybrid fashion partly from the company site and partly remotely/from home.
You will form part of the site's senior management team playing a pivotal role and implementing the strategy relating to health, safety and environmental while overseeing the health, safety & environmental performance of an additional site within Europe. You will also form part of a global steering group sharing best practice with sites based in Europe, North America and Asia.
Health, safety and environmental manager responsibilities will include:
- Delivering compliance and professional advice in the application of environment, health and safety legislation and business requirements for the site
- Ensuring all operations are conducted within environment, health and safety standards and that hazards are identified with actions taken to remove potential risks
- Acting as the principal site contact with external agencies concerning the site's regulatory activities e.g., Environment Agency; Health and Safety Executive, etc.
- Assisting in definition and achievement of medium to long term strategies designed to meet the needs of the business.
- Actively participating in accident & incident investigation and follow ups.
- Identifying and correcting hazards and unsafe conditions
To apply for the health, safety & environmental manager position, you will need:
- Experience gained in a senior or leadership focused role in the field of health, safety & environmental
- A recognised health & safety qualification (NEBOSH, IOSH, etc.)
- A degree level qualification is desirable
- Experience gained in a regulated environment such as life science, medical, pharmaceutical, scientific research, NHS, health boards, hospitals, etc. is highly desirable
- Strong experience with providing guidance and adherence to occupational health & safety factors (PPE adherence, containment, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with a range of quality systems such as IOS:9001, ISO:14001 and ISO:18001
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written formats at the ability to communicate successfully at all levels of a business
In return, the health, safety and environmental manager will receive a competitive salary plus potential 10% bonus, private medical, pension, etc.
If you are a health and safety manager, health & safety manager, health + safety manager, environmental, health and safety manager, HSE manager, ESH manager, etc. who is interested in finding out more, please click apply.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: health and safety manager, health & safety manager, health + safety manager, environmental, health and safety manager, HSE manager, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]