£38000 - £42000 per annum + pension, medical cover, etc.
Job security working with a business that's been established for over 60 years!
The current incumbent is moving into a new role internally so there will be plenty of support to get up-to-speed with the business!
The health and Safety culture on site has been improving through a strong focus being placed on it - you will be able to continue that journey for the business!
Lots of investment currently including new equipment being installed and expansion planned.
What you will be doing:
- Reviewing and maintaining all company health and safety policies and procedures and monitoring through inspections, audits, etc.
- Providing information to management and employees on general safety matters and providing solutions for issues raised
- Reviewing the progress of the health and safety objectives and reporting to site management providing measurable data.
- Providing a coordinated and effective advisory service on health, safety, fire prevention, including assessment of workplace risks.
- Monitoring and assessing changes in legislation or standards and advising management on necessary actions to achieve compliance.
- Coordinating the investigation of any incidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Ensuring regular meetings of the site safety committee are held and distributing information arising from these meetings.
- Carrying out employee/company inductions when required
- Liaising closely with contractors to ensure they carry out work safely.
- Assisting with managing and maintaining iso 45001 accreditation
What you will need:
- Previous experience in a health and safety role in a manufacturing or technical environment
- A NEBOSH General Certificate (ideally working towards Diploma level)
What you will receive:
A salary of £38,000 - £42,00 (dependent on experience) + pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, medical cover, etc.
The working hours
8am-5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am-4pm on a Friday.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Health and Safety Manager role with a secure and well-established manufacturing business, please click apply. Don't worry if your CV is not up to date; we can sort that out later. If you want to discuss this first, call the office and quote ref 4302 Health & Safety Manager.
Job Skills: health and safety manager, health & safety manager, H&S manager, H&S officer, health and safety officer, health & safety advisor, health and safety advisor, engineering recruitment agencies, firstname.lastname@example.org