£22000 - £25000 per annum + pension, etc.
Graduate scientist required to join an expanding and growing company that is a leading name in their industry. We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate in the field of chemistry, food science, biochemistry, biology, pharmaceutical science, etc. to be part of a small team with responsibility for the delivery of projects on behalf of customers. The company is part of a larger global group that produces profits of close to £500million and employs 10,000+ staff around the world. The South Wales site is one of the leading companies in Europe in their field and prides itself on the innovation it can provide its clients.
As a graduate development scientist, your role will involve a mix of hands-on laboratory tasks, internal communication with other departments and external communications with customers to update them on project statuses. There is a large amount of growth in the business and they have a proven track record of developing their staff that join as graduates into senior and managerial positions within the company.
Graduate scientist duties will include:
- Supporting commercial staff and customers by providing technical knowledge and support
- Providing theoretical expertise to existing, new and potential customers
- Undertaking hands-on formulation and laboratory-scale development work
- Liaising with other departments internally (quality, production, etc.) when required to provide support advice and guidance.
To apply for the graduate scientist role, you will need:
- A degree-level qualification in a relevant scientific subject (chemistry, biology, pharmaceutical science, forensic science, etc.)
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal formats
- To be comfortable communicating with customers and being 'customer facing' as part of the role
- Knowledge of the advanced features of Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) is desirable
- A Full UK Driver's License and access to your own transport
In return, the scientific graduate will receive a salary of £22,000-£25,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, etc.
The working hours will be Monday to Friday, 8:30am-5pm.
If you are a science graduate, graduate scientist, chemistry graduate, graduate chemist, forensic science graduate, biology graduate, pharmaceutical science graduate, biological sciences graduate, etc. and you wish to be considered for the development scientist role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: science graduate, graduate scientist, chemistry graduate, graduate chemist, forensic science graduate, biology graduate, pharmaceutical science graduate, biological sciences graduate, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]