Up to £33000 per annum + pension, etc.
Opportunity for a graduate chemical engineer to join a secure manufacturing company to work in an ongoing temporary capacity as a process operator. This will be a 'hands-on' role helping to oversee and run the manufacturing processes on-site and will provide the graduate engineer with exposure and experience within a relevant manufacturing environment.
The requirement is part of an ongoing effort by the company to improve the chemical engineering knowledge within their business and there will be potential for the role to progress into permanent employment in an engineering-focused position or to be made permanent within the role of process operator.
The position will involve working a shift rota which would involve 12 hour shifts (days and nights) covering both weekdays and weekends as the site is a 24/7 operation.
As the graduate chemical engineer / process operator, your duties will include:
- Operating machines and production equipment
- Maintaining accurate production records
- Overseeing the running of processes and making adjustments where necessary
- Working with other team members to achieve production goals.
- Adhering to the health and safety requirements of the site
- Assisting with and helping to troubleshoot issues within the manufacturing area
To apply for the graduate chemical engineer position, you will need:
- A degree-level qualification in chemical engineering or a related/relevant field
- Previous industry experience is desirable
- Must be willing to work in a hands-on capacity
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
In return, the graduate chemical engineer / process operator will receive an hourly rate of £15.82 per hour (equating to an annual salary of circa £33,000) + pension, etc. There would also be the opportunity to work overtime at enhanced rates.
If you wish to be considered for the graduate chemical engineer / process operator role, please click apply!
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: Graduate Chemical Engineer, Graduate Engineer, Process Operator, Graduate Process Operator, Temporary Process Operator, Temp Process Operator, Graduate Process Engineer, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]