£25000 - £27000 per annum + pension, healthcare, etc.
Opportunity for a field service scientist with hands-on GC or GC-MS experience to undertake a field service engineer role. You would be working in a support team that has grown by 50% over the last three years, with further expansion planned in 2019!
The company are global with four international subsidiaries and are currently achieving >20% year on year growth. The culture is friendly, with very low staff turnover rates and the business has gained a reputation for being a stable, considerate employer.
The successful field service scientist would undergo a period of in-house training before moving into a field-based service engineer role supporting a portfolio of analytical instrumentation. The role would involve working across the UK, and some overseas travel may be required.
Field service scientist, duties will include:-
- Installation, maintenance and repair of instruments and third-party analytical products on customer sites.
- Building strong customer relationships and maintaining an awareness of commercial opportunities for additional consumables sales and training.
- Escalating any field issues to senior service engineers as appropriate.
- Documenting visits and reporting issues encountered to product development and engineering teams.
To be successful in your application for the field service scientist, you will need:-
- A background within a laboratory environment using GC, GC-MS including performing troubleshooting on instruments.
- The willingness to undertake a field-based service engineering role which involves regular short notice travel within the UK, potentially further afield.
In return, the field service scientist will receive a salary of £25,000 - £27,000 plus a car and travel allowances when the role transitions to being field based. 24 days holidays plus bank holidays, cash healthcare plan, pension and sickness pay.
If you are a chemist / laboratory technician who is interested in a becoming a field service scientist, then please click apply!
By applying you are giving consent for Sigma Recruitment to contact you regarding this job and other jobs we are working on.