£24000 - £28000 per annum + pension, etc.
Opportunity for an extrusion moulding technician to work for a well-established manufacturer who is part of a large global group of companies. The role is a new position brought about by the introduction of a new production line for the site.
The client will consider either an extrusion / injection moulding technician or an experienced production operator who has worked in plastic manufacturing.
The role will involve overseeing the day to day operation of a new production line that is being installed ensuring it is operated safely, that targets are met and that quality of the product is monitored
As the extrusion moulding technician / senior production operator your duties will include:
- Ensuring that the production line is run safely taking in to account all required health & safety requirements
- Undertaking quality-related tasks to ensure product quality is met
- Liaising with the engineering and maintenance functions to ensure the line can run to it's the best capability
- Monitoring production targets and KPIs and updating all relevant visual boards
- Working closely with the engineering team to implement any changes and improvements
To apply for the extrusion moulding technician role, you will need:
- Previous experience within a manufacturing / technical environment
- A technical / engineering qualification is desirable
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement Tools and techniques is desirable
In return, the extrusion moulding technician will receive a salary of £24,000-£28,000 (dependent on experience - including shift allowance) + pension, etc.
The role will involve initially working days Monday to Friday during the installation of the production line and training period and you will earn £24,000 during this period.
The expectation is that the role will move on to shifts early in 2021 at which time there will be a £4,000 shift allowance for working a 3 shift pattern (days, afternoons and nights) Monday to Friday and the role will then move on to a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (12 hour days and nights) which will involve having 17 days off every 7 rotations of the shift pattern.
This role would be suitable for an extrusion moulding technician, injection moulding technician, blow moulding technician, production operator, senior production operator, cell leader, assembly technician, team leader, production supervisor, shift supervisor, etc.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: Extrusion moulding technician, injection moulding technician, blow moulding technician, production operator, senior production operator, cell leader, assembly technician, team leader, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]