£50000 - £55000 per annum + plus excellent benefits
Opportunity for an engineering project manager to join a high profile, market-leading business.This position is offered as a 2 year fixed term contract.
The company is well established, financially stable, and has a reputation as an excellent employer. The engineering project manager position represents an opportunity to get involved in varied and technically complex engineering and manufacturing projects.
As the engineering project manager, you will manage a range of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, to budget and to the agreed quality standard. Detailed responsibilities will include: -
- Ensuring compliance with legal health, safety and environmental responsibilities.
- Working to strict COMAH standards.
- Leading cross-functional teams to mitigate risks and respond quickly where difficulties arise.
- Making sure that appropriate permits to work are in place.
- Ensuring the implementation of contractor management safety procedures, including CDM controls.
- Leading the electrical / mechanical design of process controls systems to ensure that the final agreed design meets the legislative compliance requirements of the machinery directive
- Acting as the lead engineer on safety-related electrical / mechanical projects
- Providing electrical/ mechanical design support relating to safety instrumented systems.
- Ensuring projects are fit-for-purpose and adhere to the project budget and schedule.
- Monitor project budgetary controls
- Accounting for engineering tasks to ensure they meet contract requirements.
- Interpreting requirements, identifying and addressing design parameters and engineering problems and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- Evaluating, organising and prioritising work within the overall project schedule.
- Liaising and managing third party contractors to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose.
To apply for the engineering project manager position, you will need: -
- An HNC or above in a relevant engineering discipline, for example, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering.
- Extensive experience in managing new process and equipment projects within the manufacturing sector.
- Experience in managing teams of contractors.
In return, the engineering project manager will receive a salary of £50,000 - £55,000.
This position is offered as a 2 year fixed term contract.
If you are interested in the engineering project manager position, please apply today!
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: mechanical, electrical, project managment, engineering, [email protected]